OK, stepping out of my comfort zone here and trying to make a falafel- crazy I know. I bought these falafels so I am not making them from scratch. (1st mistake, but the box promised they were “new and Improved” )
Piquillo Pepper Yogurt Sauce:
- 2 cups thick Greek yogurt
- 3 piquillo or 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet Spanish paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth; season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, covered, to allow the flavors to meld.
– Adapted from Bobby Flay recipe
I followed the directions on the side of the packaged and baked the falafel balls in the oven.
When I put the whole thing together it looked awesome……..and then I took a bite! Gross.