Summer time! Watermelon is one of my favorites and I usually only indulge in the summer when it is nice and FRESH! Love it!
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 limes, 2 juiced and 1 cut into wedges for garnish
- 8 ounces tequila
- 5 ounces Triple Sec, divided
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
In a blender, puree the watermelon and sugar until smooth. Pour the puree through a fine mesh strainer. Transfer the liquid to a pitcher and add the lime juice, tequila and 4 ounces of the Triple Sec. Stir to combine.
In a shallow dish, combine the kosher salt with the chili powder. In a second small plate, add the remaining 1-ounce of Triple Sec. Dip the rims of 4 margarita glasses in the Triple Sec, then coat them in the salt and chili mixture. Divide the margarita between the 4 glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge.
I found this new margaritta mix from Jose Cuervo that is only 100 Calories per serving.
So I cut up some watermelon and threw it in the blender with a half cup of water and a little sugar and then poured it threw a strainer.
Then I mixed a little dried chili flakes with the salt, not a lot! and rimmed the glass with salt and pepper.
If your feeling Vodka is more your friend than check out this martini recipe!
~ WATERMELON MARTINI~
Much like the Cucumber Martini I made this is a great summer drink recipe too.
- 1 cup watermelon juice (Blend in blender and press watermelon through a sieve or cheesecloth)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) Vodka (Citron 0r the Melon ones wold work well too)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (sugar and water)
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons salt (optional- use sea or kosher)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional- sugar in the raw works well)
- Watermelon slices, for garnish (optional)