Ron and I hit the local sushi and teppanyaki joint in Worcester. We can never go to Osaka without getting a big delicious Scorpion Bowl for 2. I was thinking about making these at home when we do some homemade sushi but with these ingredients we would have to spend a small fortune to make them. I think I will buy them at Osaka instead.
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 2 fluid ounces gin
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum
- 2 fluid ounces 151 proof rum
- 2 fluid ounces light rum
- 2 fluid ounces vodka
- 2 fluid ounces grenadine syrup
- 8 fluid ounces fresh orange juice
- 10 fluid ounces pineapple juice
- 3 fluid ounces fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 4 pineapple chunks
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Place the crushed ice in a large pitcher and pour in the gin, dark rum, 151 proof rum, light rum, vodka, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice, and lemon juice. Stir well to mix, then pour into a large, decorative cocktail glass and garnish with pineapple, cherries, and straws.
THIS DRINK IS STRONG! (But it doesn’t taste it so it will sneak up on you)
Osaka has the teppanyaki tables that everyone sits around and gets food thrown at their face while the chef spins some eggs and catches them in his hat. Very fun but Ron and I prefer to sit at the sushi bar and get a close up of the rolling action. Hopefully we will pick up some tips from this guy.
We ordered 3 different sushi rolls. Lobster tempura, Mexican Roll and a Mt. Fuji Roll which is topped with scallops and cheese. ~ My favorite~ I think we need to buy a couple of these fun sushi boats.
The straws for the scorpion bowls are so long, I tried to take a picture of the view from the distance.
This bowl didn’t stand a chance.