I have tried another Asparagus Dish that I wanted to share. This one is really simple but looks elegant and taste amazing.
I rolled out the puff pastry which is actually the most tricky part of this whole recipe. Then I added a little EVOO.
Uses for Guyere Cheese
Gruyère is generally known as one of the finest cheeses for baking, having a distinctive but not overpowering taste. In quiche, Gruyère adds savoriness without overshadowing the other ingredients. It is a good melting cheese, particularly suited for fondues, along with Vacherin and Emmental. It is also traditionally used in French onion soup, as well as in croque monsieur, a classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich. Gruyère is also used in chicken and veal cordon bleu. It is a fine table cheese, and when grated, it is often used withsalads and pastas. It is used, grated, atop le tourin, a type of garlic soup from France which is served on dried bread. White wines, such as riesling, pair well with Gruyère. Sparkling apple cider and Bock beer are also beverage affinities.- Wikipedia
Then layer the puff pasty with some cheese and salt and pepper and then add the asparagus. I only had a little Parmesan cheese left so I went with mostly Gruyere.
It came out after 20minutes perfectly brown and melted cheesey delicousness.
|Asparagus, Gruyere and Parmesan Tart|
- 1 piece of Puff Pastry (store bought is totally fine)
- 1/2 cup Gruyere, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 bundle skinny asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Crushed Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw the puff pastry either by placing it in the fridge overnight or by laying it on the counter, on a piece of parchment paper, for about an hour.
- Trim the ends of the Asparagus by 1 inch to get rid of the woody stalk
- Once thawed unfold the flaps and slightly roll out the dough to get rid of the seems. Transfer the puff pastry dough while still on the parchment paper to a baking sheet. Sprinkle half the Gruyere and Parmesan on the puff pastry. Line the asparagus on top of the cheese. Scatter the rest of the cheese on top of the asparagus and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry dough has puffed and the asparagus is roasted and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper before serving.